Deceived by the Others - Jess Haines Review posted at Insane Hussein Reviews: http://bit.ly/DBTOReview

FIRST OF ALL, TEN THINGS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT THIS BOOK:

1. *THRASHFLAILALLTHEANGRYFACES* (took that from Jess's twitter status: http://bit.ly/gzGsDj)
2. ZOMGZ I NEEDZ TEH NEXT BOOK NAOW!!!!!!!
3. Chaz is an ass.
4. Some other dude who is very integral in Shia's life is a bigger ass.
5. SNAKES, BEARS AND CROWS, OH MY!!!
6. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. People be trippin', yo!! FORREALZ!!
8. Amazingly awesome!
9. MUCH WINE CONSUMPTION
10. READ THIS BOOK AS SOON AS IT'S AVAILABLE!!!

Deceived By The Others (hereafter referred to DBTO) is the third installment of Jess Haines' H&W Investigations series with this book that made me flail and thrash in anger. There may have been spittle, y'all! Forrealz. I don't know how my brain didn't go esplodey!! Five stars all the way for DBTO and Jess for a freakin' awesome story that made me react in ways that I never do to a story. This is the book that got the best worst-good reactions from me, cuz it is AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!! I cursed Jess, I cried from laughter and I was pissed cuz yes, Chaz is an ass and a dog. A hairy beast who is an asshat. Literally (you know this from the previous two books).

Shia goes off with her hairy-scary-howls-at-the-moon-toss-him-a-Milkbone-and-a-razor boyfriend, Chaz. He's a douchenugget asshat extraordinaire, but hey, Shia likes that, until THINGS GET HAIRY!!!

So ok, they go off into the woods and she's all surrounded by strange peoplez and his band of dawgs who will all celebrate being hairy beasts and howl at the moon. You know, to see if she can "handle" it. Hey, man, give a dawg a bone. Or in this case, a tempting non-dawg named Shia.

But when they get up to the woods, strange things start to happen. Think Blair Witch Project, but without the witch. Or the camera crew. Replace all with werewolves tied to the full moon, y'all. Shia and Chaz are getting threatening notes and their not-so-quite love shack is getting ransacked. Of course, it must be some super sinister dude or perhaps it's the teenaged werewolves hanging around. Or maybe it's something even more diabolical, like when you go to the salon and they use the wrong dye color (ladies, you know what I'm talkin' about!).

Shit hits the fan (not literally, duh) and Shia learns some disturbing things which make her go "OMGWTFBBQ!!!ELEVENTY!!11!!!!!!! I need to take care of me first OMGHOWWHYWHAT!!!" Can't blame her, either. See what happens when your boyfriend is a dog (literally). So she gets all "het up" (that's ghetto for pissed off) and she's all "fuck this shit" and she leaves those mangy critters with her mind still spinning and she's still all WTF YO.

In case you're wondering, yes, Royce is in this installment (what, Jess knows what I like--YEA THAT'S RIGHT) as are characters from the previous two books AND I'm all OMGWTFBBQ cuz I can't reveal more without giving away spoilers and I can't do that. Maybe I'll give you a spoiler the day DBTO is released.......

But, my recommendation is this: Buy this book and you won't regret it. You'll curse Jess, maybe perform some voodoo on her cuz you're most likely gonna have the same reactions as I did AND I finished this in ONE SITTING IN ONE DAY!!! Yes, cuz this book is THAT awesome. Forrealz yo.