A Touch of Crimson  - Sylvia Day
Adrian Mitchell is a powerful angel leading an elite Special Ops unit of Seraphim. His task is to punish the Fallen-angels who have become vampires-and command a restless pack of indentured lycans. But Adrian has suffered his own punishment for becoming involved with mortals- losing the woman he loves again and again. Now, after nearly two hundred years, he has found her-Shadoe-her soul once more inhabiting a new body, with no memory of him. And this time, he won't let her go.

This is the first of the Renegade Angels series by Sylvia Day.

I postponed writing this review because I felt that I needed to reread it several times (with some gaps between readings) due to the hero's hypocrisy and the fact that I am adding pseudo-spoilers this time around, because spoilers must be added in for me to say what I need to say.

So, Adrian is a Sentinel (commander of all angels on earth) and is the baddest bad-ass of the earthbound angels, who watch over earth and mete out punishment of the vampires while keeping the lycans in line and as their foot soldiers.

Basically, the Fallen are, as the blurb states, angels who have become vampires because they mated with humans. The lycans are also somewhat in that category, though their punishment was to become lycans (infused with demon blood) rather than vampires, and be indentured to the Seraphim forever and ever, amen.

And we have Lindsey Graham, the modern-day reincarnation of Shadoe, the Nephalim whom Adrian mated centuries ago. However, Lindsey proves to be something of a challenge when she doesn't immediately fall in with Adrian's plans to keep her bundled in cotton and protected from all evil, including her father, Syre, who is the original Fallen angel-cum-vampire. Yes, he is. And apparently he wants to transform Shadoe into a full-fledged vampire, so she can be like dear ol' dad.

Read the rest of this review at Insane Hussein Reviews...